Google

Web brokenplectrum.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006

45th Anniversary of Scout Indonesia and 21st Anniversary of Pramadewa

Celebrating the 45th Anniversary of Scout Indonesia and 21th Anniversary of Pramadewa Gugus Depan Indonesia, which based in Sixty Six High School, Scout Extracurricular made some kind of volunteer event to the students, which is blood donation. They invited a minibus of Palang Merah Indonesia (Red Cross Indonesia) to do blood donation to everybody who wants to voluntarily donate their blood to the people who are in need. The event started at 10.00AM in the morning, and being participated by lots of school members, not only the teachers and the school committee, but also the students.



Palang Merah Indonesia’s (PMI) minibus carried 2 persons of doctor, 2 persons of nurses, and a person who does the registration. It also carried 4 folding bed, which is used for making blood transfusion. The PMI team, were also being helped by the Scout team to do the preparation. The event took place in the Common Room of Sixty Six High School. The events went on for 2 hours until 12.00AM.

On this event, I did the first time blood donation, which was making me very proud of myself! :) I was qualified to do the blood donation, which is:

1st I am 17 years old.
2nd I am in healthy.
3rd My weight is over 45 kg.
4th My blood pressure is OK. (110/80)
4th I am not pregnant. (of course lahh...!)
5th I am brave! :)

For the sequence of doing the blood donation, first, we must fill the PMI's registration with personal data. Second, the nurse will check out our registration, and tested our blood category. Our blood sample will be taken from one of our finger, which is stuck by some disposable tool. I have an O type of blood, which is I think is the most common blood category as an Indonesian. Then, our blood pressure will be tested, and the doctor will confirm us if we qualified to donate our blood, or not. Gratefully, I got the blood pressure of 110/80 and qualified as the volunteer! Next, we have to queue for our turn to transfer our blood.



When I saw most of my friends, blood transfusion looks like it’s kind of hurt. But as a man (or a boy), I must be brave of doing this and I must think about everyone who needs these bloods. :) Finally, after my friend Rekha, finished his blood transfusion, now it’s my turn to do it. Well, fortunately I wasn’t scared at all when I do the blood transfusion. Maybe, it’s because all the support of my friends who were accompanying me to do the blood transfusion. Thank you all! The transfusion took my blood for 250cc, and went on for about 5 minutes. After that, the doctor packed my blood with my name and my blood category written on it. Then, I received a donor card from the registration, as a legitimation for doing blood donation. The doctor thanks me for the donation, and pleased me to go to the temporary kitchen to take some meal that PMI’s team has served. I got a bowl of noodle soup, with a bowled egg, plus a glass of chocolate milk, and a glass of water. Mmm, it tasted nice!



I think as an Indonesian, we have a very high characteristic of unity, as we have high interest of social activities, such as this blood donation event. As I saw on the field, people look like very enthusiast to be the volunteer of this event, as the queue continued to increase for almost 100 volunteers. But, finally the PMI team made to transfuse for about 70 packs of bloods with different blood types of A, B, O, and AB, which were being kept on a temporary fridge.

From this event, I just can say that, Scout team has a huge sense of social, by inviting Palang Merah Indonesia, by arranging a blood donation event at Sixty Six High School in celebrating their 45th anniversary, and 21st Pramadewa Gugus Depan anniversary. It really meant a lot to me personally, as the first time I be a blood donator. I hope this event, could be annually arranged, to be able to help other people who are in needed our blood. I also hope that in this 45th anniversary, Scout Indonesia could develop the system and promotion, to make people more interest to join Scout, and be one the best organization in Indonesia.



Thank you, and long live Scout Indonesia!

Links:
pramuka.or.id
pramadewa.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulation for your blood donors. It will really help others.

keep up the good work.

© Broken Plectrum 2006 by Tri Handoyo.

All contents on this weblog, otherwise noted, is licensed under Creative Commons.