Google

Web brokenplectrum.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

2nd Champion of Schoolimpic Web Design Competition

Thank you for all the readers who have read Broken Plectrum’s posts and appreciate the design of this Blog / Podcast. Well, Alhamdulillah, I could get the second winner of web design competition in Schoolimpic (one of the most favorite school competition in Jakarta, which is arranged by Eight High School). Truly, I am honored to be the second winner of this competition, because I myself only learn the very basic of web from modificating my own blog! (http://www.brokenplectrum.blogspot.com/) Seriously! From here, I learn a bit of CSS and Javascript, and I just applied it to my web! Fortunately I won the second winner from competition, which leaded from Twelve High School, but lost from Thirteen High School.



Sixty Six High School brought 3 candidates for the Web Design competition and I was so sad that two of my friends who are Gioz and Wibi, doesn’t get any trophy from this competition, which I could say they would deserved it, because they have more expertise in designing web, rather than me. My friend Gioz, has lots of experience of computer in general, and has expertise lots of computer design’s software such as Adobe Studio and Adobe Photoshop. Without him, maybe I would not even know there was a web design competition in Schoolimpic. Wibi, he has arranged the illustration of the web he wanted to make, and how he did it. I myself haven’t arranged the web about anything until I arrived on the battle, and I only used Microsoft FrontPage to design the web. Well maybe it’s not your time to deserve the wining, and if you have the spirit of winning that you grow it from now, it would not be impossible if you can win the other competitions. I just can quote Mr. Roni Patinasarani’s argument that “Luckiness is one factor that can guarantee people’s live”. If you haven’t deserved it now, maybe you can get it next time.

M. Iqbal from Thirteen High School, North Jakarta, design a very catchy banner from Adobe Flash, mixed with Adobe Dreamweaver, and have lots of superiority of web design itself. The third winner from Twelve High School (I didn’t know the name, because she doesn’t want to share with us!) has superiority in art, that she designed it with Flash and HTML. I made web about Sixty Six High School with all the reviews about school activities with added pictures and videos that I have made it for my blog. We were able to bring the material of the web (text, pictures, videos) from home, but we are prohibited to bring any HTML stuff to the battle. Well, this rules was very beneficial for me that I can fill my web with the reviews that I have made about Sixty Six High School (and some of them I’ve published on this blog). Because of that, maybe the judges decided my web as the second winner because the web was superior of the content of the web. I got Rp500.000 from the committee, as the second winner of Schoolimpic Web Design Competition. It’s well worth from sitting in front of the computer for 9 hours non-stop. :)

From this post, I could say that making blog is very beneficial to all of you!

Long live bloggers!

No comments:

© Broken Plectrum 2006 by Tri Handoyo.

All contents on this weblog, otherwise noted, is licensed under Creative Commons.